I have a gift wrapping container that is set aside just for Christmas. I tend to buy paper at the end of the season and then forget what I purchased by the time Christmas rolls around the following year. But as I opened the container this December I noticed a trend. There are polka dot wrapping papers, striped wrapping papers, more polka dot papers, herringbone wrapping papers and yet another kind of polka dot paper. To say that I like my patterned paper (especially polka dots) is an understatement.
I needed something to break up the patterns, but I didn’t want to add “pictures”. You know, Santa/reindeer/elves/dalmations/trees/polar bears. So this year I thought I would try my hand at making my own wrapping paper. No, I didn’t go cut down a tree and make the paper from the pulp. But I did design the papers and have them printed at Staples, which isn’t nearly as hard.
I designed two styles of wrapping papers in black and white so that they would coordinate with all of my colorful patterns. The scale of these designs are slightly larger than any of my patterned papers so they mix with each other (especially with polka dots).
If you want a few presents wrapped with these to break up your brightly colored paper all you need to do is download the pdf file from here to your computer and upload it to the Staples website. Then go pick it up! Their homepage has a tab for printing services and it will walk you through the whole thing.
Choose the 36×48 engineering paper in black and white. They can have it printed that same day. And since Christmas is sooooo close, that is a good thing.
I am also attaching a file for these cute printable tags that you can print at home. I chose cardstock to print them on so that they wouldn’t be flimsy.
I spent about 5 hours yesterday wrapping presents, which means I am only 90% finished. But I am determined to finish today. I will use up a good bit of my paper stash this year, so the remaining 10% will be full on dots!
Pin the image below if you would like to share this idea with your friends on Pinterest.
Linking to: *Make it Pretty*